A Holistic Approach to Health & Performance
Dr. Jeff Barnett attended Palmer College of Chiropractic in Davenport, Iowa, graduating with his Doctor of Chiropractic in 2006. Prior to attending Palmer, he obtained his Bachelor of Science degree in Kinesiology from the University of Calgary.
Dr. Barnett has a general family practice that that spans all age groups. His practice emphasis is on the active individual, routinely working with recreational and elite athletes. He has a particular interest working with hockey players, golfers, triathletes, runners, weight-lifters, and racquet sport athletes. He believes in an integrative and holistic approach to health to not only address your injury complaints, but also to determine the underlying causes of dysfunction in the body to help prevent future injury, improve quality of life, and maximize performance.
Dr. Barnett is proficient in the following:
- Chiropractic adjusting techniques: Diversified, Thompson Drop, Activator Methods, extremities
- Soft-tissue techniques: Graston Technique®, Active Release Techniques® (ART®), and radial shockwave therapy (RSWT)
- Selective Functional Movement Assessment® (SFMA®) and Functional Movement Screen® (FMS®) certified
- Titleist Performance Institute® (TPI®) certified (golf specialization)
- Corrective exercise prescription
- Biomechanical assessment and orthotic casting
- Kinesiology taping
On a Personal Note
Originally from Calgary, Dr. Barnett and his wife/side-kick Anita made the move to the Okanagan in 2006 and haven’t looked back. They have 2 wonderful kids and 2 loveable West Highland Terriers (or terrors). Outside of the clinic you’ll find him out on the hiking trails, on the badminton or tennis court, or on the ice with his sons hockey team.
Interested in working with Dr. Barnett? We’d love to see you and get to know you. Give us a call today at (250) 717-7732 to schedule an appointment.